CHICO - A suspected DUI driver who crashed his car into a tree and then fought with a Chico police officer has been arrested on Sunday on a handful of charges.
Police said the incident began at the 300 block of Hazel St., Chico just before 8 p.m., when officers responded to a call from a resident claiming that someone had crashed their vehicle in front of his house.
A second caller said the driver looked “intoxicated” and was trying to fight with people around the area.
An officer later arrived and found several bystanders holding the suspect on the ground, according to CPD.
The driver, identified as Drew Thomas DelGrande, did not comply with the officer’s instructions and resorted to striking the officer on the head with his fists, said CPD.
Officials said after a lengthy struggle with DelGrande, he was finally detained by responding officers.
DelGrande was arrested for:
• Battery on a police officer with injury
• Resisting arrest by violence
• Driving under the influence
DelGrande was then booked into the Butte County Jail and his bail is set at $60,000.
- Chico Police: Officer assaulted while trying to detain DUI suspect
- Chico Police: Suspect Arrested in Guitar Assault
- Chico Police: K-9 Officer Detains Wanted Man at Walmart
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision
- Chico Resident Helps Officers Detain Wanted Felon in Home Robbery
- Chico Police Searching for Suspect in City Plaza Assault
- CHP: Chico man dead after suspected DUI motorcycle crash
- Woman in Chico taken into custody after suspected DUI wreck