CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department arrested a man for reportedly stabbing his neighbor during a fight on Sunday.
Police were called to a home on Manzanita Avenue at around 5:25 p.m. on Sept. 2 for a report of a stabbing. Officers found a 58-year-old Chico man suffering from a stab wound to the abdomen. He was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries, but is expected to recover.
As the investigation developed, police determined neighbor Dennis Hodges, 67, stabbed the victim during a dispute.
Hodges was arrested without incident. Police say he was booked into the Butte County Jail on charges of assault with a deadly weapon.
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Police investigating stabbing near downtown Chico
- Chico Police searching for stabbing witnesses
- Serial Suspect: Chico Neighbors Concerned
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision
- Redding Police arrest man for shooting neighbor with airsoft rifle
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Two Arrested During Search for Chico Party Stabbing Suspects
- Chico Police search for suspect in stabbing on bike path