CHICO, Calif.- Chico Police arrested a man last night after he hit several parked cars while driving under the influence.
On Tuesday around 2:30 a.m. Chico Police Officers were dispatched to the area of W. 5th Street and Chestnut Street. They had received multiple reports of a vehicle colliding into parked vehicles. The callers described the driver attempting to free his car from the cars he had hit and stumbling about the street during his attempts, appearing to be intoxicated. When officers arrived on the scene, they realized that the car had already left the scene.
A Butte County Sheriff’s Deputy later saw the same car driving in the area of Joshua Tree and E. Lassen Avenue. The car had sustained damage to the front end due to the collision.
Officers responded to the scene when they learned about the car and approached the driver, Ryan Argueta, and his passenger, Salvador Argueta. Salvador was injured during the collision and was treated at Enloe Hospital.
Ryan was given field sobriety tests and was determined to be driving under the influence of alcohol. He was then arrested and later transported to Butte County Jail. Ryan was charged with Driving Under the Influence and causing injury as well as leaving the scene
of an accident that resulted in injury.
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision
- Chico Police: Man arrested in DUI hit & run
- Paradise police arrest DUI suspect
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- Chico police make DUI arrest after overnight crash
- DUI arrest retraction
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury
- Man Arrested for Marijuana DUI in Paradise
- Driver in Deadly DUI Collision Pleads Guilty to Vehicular Manslaughter