Yesterday, around 5:40pm, Chico Police received a call from a woman saying she was being held against her will near the In N Out on Business Ln.
As officers responded to the scene and began to investigate, they learned that the woman was not being held hostage, but was concerned, as her companion was a wanted suspect who she believed was armed. Due to the time of day, with the local restaurants busy with dinner, officers carefully ensured each of the major food venues nearby were clear of the suspect.
By approximately 6:40pm officers were led to the front of Walmart. When they arrived they saw the man they believed to be their suspect getting out of a taxicab. As they attempted to arrest him, he at first acted as if he intended to comply with the officers, then suddenly he sprinted off. Officers chased after him, fearing for the safety of the shoppers in the area, as they still believed that the suspect was armed.
Due to the gravity of the offenses he was wanted for, the belief he was armed, and the need to protect officers and the public, Chico Police sent their K9 Officer “Aron” after him. “Aron” made a quick apprehension, biting the suspect, and detaining him for the arresting officers.
The male was identified as 34-year-old, Redding resident, Anthony David Aragon. He was the subject of several arrest warrants, and was a wanted man in Tehama, Shasta, and Butte counties for burglary and robbery.
Aragon was found unarmed at the time of apprehension, but did have a realistic looking airsoft gun in his property. He was provided medical attention and was then booked into Butte County Jail.
- Chico Police: K-9 Officer Detains Wanted Man at Walmart
- Chico Resident Helps Officers Detain Wanted Felon in Home Robbery
- Chico Police K-9 Sniffs Major Drug Haul
- Chico Police: Officer assaulted while trying to detain DUI suspect
- Impressive K-9 from Anderson Police
- Suspects Arrested in Redding Police K-9 Poisoning
- Chico Walmart set to get big Upgrade
- Refugee Center Grows at Chico Walmart
- Chico Police Searching for Man Wanted for Attempted Murder
- Wanted Suspect from Oregon Caught by K-9 Aero