CHICO, Calif. - After a string of armed robberies in the Chico area, Action News Now reporter Laura Eng took a look at crime reports dating back to December of 2017 to see if there has been an increase.
The data shows one armed robbery report in 2017, compared to six reports in December of 2018.
Chico Police Commander Ted Mckinnon could not confirm whether these reports turned out to be actual armed robberies.
"I can't tell you that each report is a robbery we are working on," he said. "But I can tell you that we are working at least some of the most recent reported robberies that are coming over the last several weeks."
Those six reports are in addition to the recent rash of armed robberies that started late New Year's Eve through the past weekend.
Police told Action News Now that they believe there is more than one suspect, but they aren't ruling out that the crimes could have been committed by the same person.
Anyone with information about the crimes is asked to call the Chico Police Department at (530) 897-4900.
For more information on crime reports from the Chico Police Department, CLICK HERE.
- Robbery Reports Spike Dec. '17 vs. Dec. '18
- What You Need to Know: Dec. 17
- What you need to know: Dec. 17
- What You Need to Know: Dec. 18
- What you need to know: Dec. 18
- Dec 30 Weather Forecast
- Mike Graf Dec 8th Weather
- What You Need to Know: Dec. 3
- What You Need to Know: Dec. 4
- What You Need to Know: Dec. 5