Chico Police say they tracked down a suspected hit and run driver with the help of witnesses overnight.
Officers arrived on scene of a reported hit and run involving a pedestrian on on Esplanade near 9th Ave. just after 10 p.m. last night. Witnesses told officers that the driver had fled. One of the people who saw the crash stated that they had followed the driver to Dutch Brothers Coffee Shop near Esplanade and W 8th Ave. after seeing the collison. The witness said they spoke with the driver, alerting him of the collision and the fact that it involved a pedestrian. After learning this information, they said the suspect left the scene and drove home. They had taken down the license plate and provided this information to officers.
Officers then discovered that the car suspected of hitting the pedestrian was registered to 24 year old Skylar Rossy in Chico, who was positively identified as the driver. He was arrested for committing a hit and run.
The victim was transported to Enloe Hospital for minor injuries to his head and hands, and is expected to be okay.
- Chico Police Hit and Run Arrest
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- Chico Police searching for hit-and-run driver
- Chico homeless man killed in Hit & Run
- Hit and Run Injures Chico Child
- $3,000 bike theft, man arrested after running from Chico police
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- New information on fatal hit-and-run in Chico
- Traffic Light Controls Destroyed During Chico Hit and Run, Oroville Man Arrested
- Redding DUI Hit and Run