Chico, Calif. - On Sept. 23 at around 8:12 p.m. Chico Police received several 911 calls reporting a traffic collision at the intersection of W. 9th Street and Cedar Street.
It was reported that two cars collided in the intersection and that one of the vehicles fled the scene.
According to police, while officers were on the way to respond to the call, another citizen reported a reckless vehicle southbound on Highway 99 with parts falling off the car. Officers located this vehicle as it was on fire just north of Entler Ave. The sole occupant of the car was located at the scene.
During the investigation, it was discovered that the reckless vehicle was the same vehicle that fled the scene of the collision. The driver, Karissa Rogers, 29, of Paradise, was later arrested for fleeing the scene of a collision and driving while intoxicated.
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Chico Police Hit and Run Arrest
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision
- Man Arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Chico Police: Officer assaulted while trying to detain DUI suspect
- Chico Police: Suspect Arrested in Guitar Assault
- CHP: Chico man dead after suspected DUI motorcycle crash