BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The Chico Police Department confirmed on Monday that a mass overdose in Chico and another overdose in Oroville are not related.
One person died and 14 people were sent to the hospital in the overdose on Santana Court in Chico on Jan. 12.
Authorities suspect that the overdoses were caused by Fentanyl, but it has not been officially confirmed.
Two days later, three people overdosed in a room at the Gold Country Casino & Hotel in Oroville.
The sheriff's office has yet to confirm the cause of the overdoses at the Gold Country Casino & Hotel.
Chico Police Commander Ted Mckinnon says the incidents are not related.
- Chico Police: Butte County Multi-Overdose Cases Not Related
- Weather-related multi-car crash in Oroville
- Chico Police now carrying anti-overdose kits
- Butte County authorities see rise in flood-related rescues
- Norovirus Cases Increase in Butte County
- Man attacked inside Chico Mall, police believe it's gang-related
- Chico Police: Warner Street Shooting May be Drug-Related
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide