CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Area Recreation and Park District will discuss the possibility of off-leash areas for dogs in the city on Thursday.
Some potential locations the district is looking into include Community Park, Hooker Oak Park, Wildwood Park, Degarmo Park and Sycamore Field.
If the locations are approved, officials said dog owners will still be responsible for their pet's behavior.
"The expectation is that, as an owner of a pet, that you will be a responsible pet owner and if your dog was not able to be controlled by voice that you will not choose to take your dog out off-leash," said Ann Willman, general manager of CARD.
If approved, dogs will be allowed to exercise off-leash Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Additionally, a 90-day pilot program would start on Aug. 1.
- CARD to discuss potential off-leash areas for dogs in Chico
- Rangers Urge: Follow Leash & Bike Rules at Bidwell Park
- Chico CARD Center hosts annual Spring Jamboree
- Orland city leaders will discuss potential Stony Creek flooding
- Chico State hosts panel to discuss homelessness
- Chico Council set to Discuss City Budget
- Chico City Council to discuss 'Simplicity Village'
- Police investigate potential threat on Chico State campus
- Chico city clerk provides information on potential recall process
- CARD hosting Chico Kite Day and Spring Jamboree