The search for a suspect prompted streets to be blocked off and a school to go on lockdown in downtown Chico.
Tuesday afternoon, an officer was investigating a fraud case at Smyth Tire.
As they were doing a follow up investigation, the suspect they were looking for in the case arrived at the business.
Officers said when the suspect saw the officer he took off and a foot pursuit began from 7th street towards Broadway.
Police set up a perimeter and shutdown the roads between Broadway and Salem, and 7th and 8th Streets.
"Just as we were about to finish up, the suspect jumped up from a hidden area and took off running towards Broadway." said Chico Police Commander Billy Aldridge "We had officers in the area who quickly apprehended him."
Police arrested 32-year old Andrew Gasway, who also goes by the alias of Andrew Stigall.
He is charged with resisting arrest, parole violation and charges from the fraud investigation.
Officers say they put Chico Country Day School on lockdown for about 45-minutes while they searched for the suspect.
- Chico PD shuts down streets while looking for suspect
- 14 arrests made in first week, Chico PD Street Crimes
- Chico PD: Suspect Who Set Wife on Fire Caught
- Chico PD adds traffic patrol unit
- Chico PD: Shoplifting Prevention Program is Successful
- Marysville PD searching for child molestation suspect
- City of Chico to Consider Making PD's Street Crimes Unit Permanent
- Chico street crime arrests continue
- Butte Co. & Chico PD partner to address mental health & policing
- Chico PD Employees to Pay More into Own Pensions