Photo Gallery 2 Images
CHICO, Calif. - On Friday, June 28, Chico Police Department's Street Crimes D Unit conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle at East 20th Street and Highway 99 which led to a parole search at the driver's residence where they found multiple firearms.
The traffic stop happened at 6:20 p.m. where Officers found 51-year-old David Barnes of Chico to be on parole.
Barnes had previously been released from prison three years ago and is now on supervised parole for an attempted murder conviction from 1992.
In partnership with Parole Agents, the Street Crimes Unit searched Barnes' residence where they found four loaded firearms hidden the closet.
Barnes is prohibited from possessing or having access to firearms, therefore, he was arrested for four counts of being a felon in possession of firearms, a felon in possession of ammunition and violation of parole.
He is being held in the Butte County Jail without bail.
Barnes' wife, 59-year-old Esther Barnes of Chico, was also determined to have prior felony convictions and was arrested for a felon in possession of firearms, a felon in possession of ammunition as well as a felon in possession of tear gas.
Her bail with Butte County Jail is set at $118,000.
- Chico PD finds felons in possession of firearms after traffic stop
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- Anderson Traffic Stop Finds Felon with Drugs and Gun
- Two Wanted Felons Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Deputies arrest 3, recover stolen firearm during Chico traffic stop
- Convicted Felon Arrested with Stolen Firearm
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession
- Chico PD adds traffic patrol unit
- Traffic stop attempt ends with arrest of wanted felon
- Authorities arrest prior felon on gun possession, drug charges