BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The man police say killed a woman on Chico State's campus appeared in a Butte County Courtroom on Thursday.
Samuel Johnson, 27, appeared in court on Thursday without an attorney.
He is suspected of killing 55-year-old Linda Blacksten on the Chico State campus. Police said that they believe Johnson killed Blacksten by kicking her in the head.
A judge told Johnson that he is facing serious charges and needed to decide what he is going to do in this case, but he did not enter a plea.
He is scheduled to be back in court on Wednesday, Nov. 7, at 8:30 a.m.
- Chico Murder Suspect Appears in Court
- Oroville murder suspect appeared in court Thursday
- Murder victims son appears in court
- Florida suspected school shooter appears in court
- Cottonwood Arson Suspect Makes First Court Appearance
- Cold case murder suspect back in court
- Oroville murder suspect back in court
- 'NorCal Rapist' Suspect Appears in Court, No Plea
- Chico Burned Woman Suspect in Court
- Shasta County kidnapping suspects in court on attempted murder charges