CHICO, Calif. - A criminal case is moving forward in Chico after a doctor report presented in court on Wednesday stated that Alton Facciuto is mentally competent to stand trial.
Facciuto is accused of strangling his mother to death.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office believes that he killed his mother, Sherry Facciuto, on their family property on Anita Road on Jan. 18.
Alton remains in jail on a $2 million bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for Nov. 6.
- Chico Murder Suspect Deemed Mentally Competent for Trial
- Suspect in Oct. 2017 Murder in Chico, Competent to Stand Trial
- Jury to decide mental competency in Shingletown murder case
- Judge Decides if Chico Crime Spree Suspect is Competent for Trial
- Tehama Co. Murder Suspect’s Mental Capacity Being Questioned
- Chico Murder Suspect Appears in Court
- Suspicious Package Deemed Safe: Roadways Open
- Male Suspect in Stolen Fire Truck Joy Ride, Found Competent to Stand Trial
- Court finds Corning murder suspect incompetent to stand trial
- Chico business owners talk about competing with major retailers