UPDATE 5:22 p.m. Monday, Oct. 8, 2018 - Searchers have found a body that has been positively identified as Robert Gonzales, according to the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
The body was found around 3:30 p.m. in a wooded area near where the search was taking place.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A Chico man has been missing for a week after he was dropped off at Yankee Hill.
The Gonzales Family says Robert Gonzales, 53, of Chico was last seen on Oct. 1 at Pauite Drive and Dark Canyon Road.
Gonzales works as a handyman and was working at the area and usually stays at his friend’s small trailer there, some weekends.
But on Sunday night, family says Gonzales called a friend allegedly saying that he felt unsafe.
That’s when a friend of Gonzales started searching for him Monday morning but to no avail.
Since then, relatives called the Chico Police Department for help in locating him but is now being investigated by the Butte County Sheriff’s Office.
Family members are afraid of the unknown and are begging the public for help.
“There are so many possible scenarios out here because of the crazy terrain out here. He can be hurt out. There’s nobody to help him. Police have come out here, but nobody could come to search out here, we need help,” said Dorothy Gonzalez, sister of Robert.
Robert Gonzales is described as:
5 feet 9 inches tall
Has gray hair
Has brown eyes
Last wearing khaki shorts, a black T-shirt
Has a tattoo of his last name “Gonzales” on his left hand
If you have information call the Butte County Sheriff’s Office.
Above is footage of a search helicopter in Butte County attempting to locate Gonzales.
- Searchers Find Body Identified as Missing Chico Man
- Police find body of missing Redding man
- Police Find Body of Missing 'At Risk' Siskiyou County Man
- Officials Identify Body Found on Chico State's Campus
- Authorities identify body found at Motel 6 in Chico
- Update: Redding Police find missing man safe
- Dead body identified in Plumas County
- Body identified in Kelly Ridge area
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River