CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Mall is moving in a new direction, bringing more "lifestyle" stores to the establishment.
Some of the new stores include Sunstor Solar, American Jiu Jitsu and Backyard Solutions.
The mall makes up roughly $1.5 million in sales and property tax that goes into the City's $48 million general fund. Chico City Manager Mark Orme said that this number is a large piece of the pie.
"The revenue has been pretty steady coming in," Orme said. "They are a huge job generator, multiple effects. The jobs generated will allow those working there to expand into the community."
Action News Now reached out to the mall's owner, Ethan Conrad, to find out why he chose to buy the Chico Mall.
"The mall is a phenomenal retail property with a huge amount of potential," he said. "We have 18 letters of intent to lease space in the property from highly desirable, mainly national tenants."
He confirmed the potential for more lifestyle-related stores coming to the mall.
"There are two pending leases with larger national stores who specialize in selling home-related products, including furniture."
- Chico Mall moves in new direction with 'lifestyle' stores
- Man Robs Chico Mall Jewelry Store
- New stores come to the Chico Mall
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Chico Mall Gets New Owner
- Mall-goers, businesses react to changes at the Chico Mall
- Halloween events coming to the Chico Mall
- Chico Mall welcomes new Xfinity location
- The Future of the Chico Mall
- 2-week carnival comes to the Chico Mall