CHICO, Calif. - Chico Unified School District announced that Chico Junior High is closed on April 3 due to significant flooding.
Due to the recent storm, the district said about half of the classrooms have flooded as well as the cafeteria and main offices.
The school is closed on Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
The school is providing supervision for children if parents need it, according to Pedro Caldera, principal for Chico Junior High.
Officials from the district said that the school will reopen on Thursday, April 4, 2019.
- Chico Junior High closed due to flooding
- Police investigating possible threat at Chico Junior High School
- Marsh Junior High teaching students about impeachment
- Highway 99 closed in Tehama County due to flooding
- Portion of West Sacramento closed due to flooding
- Flooding concerns in Chico
- Chico Sports Club to temporarily close due to coronavirus
- Pluto's Downtown Chico Closing
- Custodial staff find drug needles on Bidwell Junior High campus
- Paradise Junior & Senior High School celebrates virtual spirit week