CHICO, Calif. -- A Chico Italian restaurant, Panighetti's Eatery, is closing its doors permanently on Sunday.
A sign on the door says it will close on Sunday, June 30th.
The restaurant has been serving up Italian food for the past ten years.
Action News Now spoke with the owner about why they're closing.
"Personally you gotta move on sometimes. There are certain qualities of life that I want to change. Most of it is being with my kids and more time with my wife," said Mark Panighetti, owner of Panighetti's Eatery.
"We've been with them since they were at the first location. So we were thrilled when they moved here, but it seemed like such a good thing and now we're actually kind of shocked they're going to be gone," said Martha Barbera, a customer.
The restaurant originally opened at the corner of Lassen Avenue and the Esplanade, then moved to its current location on the Esplanade between 8th and 9th Streets.
- Chico Italian restaurant is closing its doors permanently
- Chico City Council to Consider Permanent Street Crimes Unit
- New trampoline business its doors in Chico
- Chico Police support Next Door App
- Pluto's Downtown Chico Closing
- Italian gunman had far-right extremist ties
- Chico restaurant offers CBD on the menu
- LemonShark Poké Restaurant Comes to Downtown Chico
- Chico restaurants featured on Food Network
- California to Face More Permanent Water Restrictions