Chico Calif.—Today in Chico a group of friends all got matching tattoos at 12 Volt Tattoo all in support of down syndrome.
The Lucky Few Tattoo idea went viral online several month ago.
Families and friends all get Lucky Enough tattoos to symbolize that they are lucky enough to have a child with down syndrome.
Down syndrome happens when a person has an extra full or partial copy of chromosome 21, resulting in three copies instead of two.
Kozette McGowan has a daughter with down syndrome and that is why the group decided to get tattoos.
Down syndrome awareness is usually on March 21st, but they weren’t able to all get together that day.
- Chico Group gets Lucky Few Tattoos
- Man stabbed by tattooed transient in south Chico
- Tattoo expo attracts world famous artists
- Chico Facebook group recognizes local "Icons"
- 'Chico First' group holds community clean-up
- Chico group helps hungry residents in need
- Chico Boy Helps Animal Disaster Group
- Anderson Grocery Outlet pays it forward for one lucky couple
- Feather Falls Tattoo Expo kicks off in Butte County
- Chico Neighborhood Groups Unite to Clean Out Illegal Campsites