Chico Calif.—Chico Firefighters responded quickly and contained a diesel spill in south Chico Wednesday morning.
According to firefighters just after 9 a.m. a leaky pick-up truck parked over a storm drain at the Whitemeier car dealership.
The fuel then moved upstream toward the Chico Unified School District school yard.
The Chico Unified School District school yard director John Carver noticed the fuel and called 911.
Alliance Environmental Services were called out to clean up the fuel out of the water.
Alliance Environmental Services are not sure how long it will take to clean up the fuel due to a variety of different factors.
They have to coordinate with the county, and are working against the weather.
Chico Fire wants to remind people to keep hazardous materials out of storm drains, because they all drain into our local waterways.
- Chico Fire Quickly Contains Diesel Spill
- Diesel spill temporarily closes Cypress Ave. in Redding
- Firefighters quickly knock down Chico duplex fire
- Fire crews quickly knock down house fire in Chico
- Fire Crews Work Quickly to Extinguish Fire
- Sunset Fire on Forbestown Road quickly contained
- 3 small fires quickly contained near Centerville
- Firefighters quickly contain house fire in Magalia
- Residential Fire in Redding Quickly extinguished by Fire Crews
- Early Morning Garage Fire gets Knocked Out Quickly