CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Fire Department hosted its first town hall meeting on Monday to inform the public as temperatures rise.
Chico Fire Department Chief Steve Standridge outlined the terminology used with the code red alert system, emergency notification systems and evacuations.
Many citizens appeared at the meeting and were concerned about the upcoming fire season.
There were 37 grass and wild fires last fire season.
Chief Standridge said based on Monday's attendance at the meeting, the department plans to have another town hall very soon.
We will post the date as soon as we receive it.
- Chico Fire Department hosts wildfire awareness town hall meeting
- Chico Fire Department rolls out new wildfire plan
- Paradise Town Hall Gets Makeover
- Town Hall Reopens in Paradise
- Wildfires Push Wildlife Into Town
- Chico Police host Neighborhood Watch meeting
- Wildfire Recovery Meeting for Carr Fire Victims
- Chico Fire Department's return from Thomas Fire
- Chico Fire Department Citizens' Fire Academy
- Foster awareness festival in Chico