On Veterans Day, vets are celebrated across the nation.
The Chico Elks Lodge hosted a Veterans Day celebration, Saturday morning.
Guests were treated to patriotic music performed by the Chico community concert band and a presentation from James Crow, who shared his experiences during his time in Vietnam.
Sharon Nichols is a 22-year Navy vet who now serves on the Veterans Day committee.
She said a simple thank you goes a long way.
"If you know a veteran, thank them for their service. If you see one, I see people in the stores in their military caps, you see them all over. And they're proud of their military service, say thank you. You get a great big smile when you do that,” Nichols said.
Boy Scout troop 423 also held a U.S. flag retirement ceremony as prescribed by U.S. flag etiquette.
- Chico Elks Lodge host of Veterans
- Chico church moves to Elk's Lodge
- Veterans Day Ceremony planned for Chico Elk's Lodge
- Redding Elks Lodge hosts 92nd annual cognac toast
- Paradise Elk's Lodge holds Father's Day event
- Chico Elks Lodge Holds ‘Hot August Day’ Car Show
- BCSO: Possible stabbing near Elk Ave
- Lassen Lodge Safety Realignment Project is completed
- Veterans Day celebration in Chico
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive