CHICO, Calif. - There's a new survey out by the City of Chico asking your thoughts on parking downtown.
So we asked the question - just how bad is it?
Action News Now reporter Stephanie Lin headed downtown during Monday lunch hour to scope the scene.
"How it is right now, it's chill downtown," said Kaila Davidson of Ruby's Boutique. "It's not too crazy unless there's an event going on."
"A lot of parking is two hours only, and we have customers saying all the time, 'I got to pay my meter,'" she said.
"For people with jobs, or students, a two-hour window just isn't enough," said Sean Greenwald. He has a son who goes to Chico State. "The ten-hour meter I did find only took coins! And I wasn't prepared to have five dollars in quarters."
It appears the lack of space can still be an issue. It just depends on the day.
"Parking downtown is atrocious," Greenwald said. "Especially on certain impacted college days like Tuesday and Thursdays."
So whether you like or dislike parking downtown, you now have a chance to speak up to the city.
"People want more places to shop, and when they park they want to be able to walk around and enjoy downtown," said City Manager Mark Orne, "and a parking management plan will help with that."
You can find the city's parking survey now on our website, under the news links section.
- Chico Downtown Parking Pains
- Pluto's Downtown Chico Closing
- Downtown Chico celebrates Pride
- Downtown Chico Christmas Preview is Sunday
- World's rarest cars in downtown Chico
- Downtown Chico Tree Lighting is tonight
- Christmas business booming in downtown Chico
- Firefighter memorial live from downtown Chico
- Police investigating stabbing near downtown Chico
- Tesla chargers coming to downtown Chico