CHICO, Calif. - Chico police detectives arrested a doctor on Thursday suspected of sexually assaulting a patient.
Dr. Annamalai Ashokan is accused of sexually assaulting a female patient during a medical procedure at his office located at Jan Ct. in Chico.
Following an investigation, detectives obtained evidence to establish enough probable cause to arrest Ashokan for the assault.
There is no information about any other potential victims.
Ashokan only has office hours in Chico every other week, with his main office located in Hollister, CA.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
- Chico Doctor Arrested: Charged with Sexually Assaulting Patient
- Redding masseuse arrested on sexual assault charges
- How Doctors Treat Overdose Patients
- Former Redding doctor faces 71 new charges of sexual abuse towards patients
- Humboldt County shopping center sexual assault arrest
- Chico Police: Suspect Arrested in Guitar Assault
- Redding doctor arrested on 9 felony counts of sexual abuse
- Cal Fire Captain Charged in Sexual Assault Case
- Caught on Camera: ER Doctor Mocks Bay Area Patient
- Eye Doctor Gives Patients View of a Better Future