Chico, Calif.—The Chico City Council will hear their first of several briefings on the budget at Tuesday’s Council Meeting.
According to City Manager Mike Orme, they’ll discuss the general fund of 52 million dollars.
The fund includes public safety, police, fire, and other internal departments.
Orme says they want a balanced budget for this year.
He says that the council will go over the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of the budget.
One of those ugly parts is that the city has to pay 2 million dollars to the State Auditor over a five year plan.
Orme says that the city is doing well compared to five years ago.
The city’s entire budget is 120 million dollars.
Stay up to date with City Council Meetings and all things local. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Chico Council set to Discuss City Budget
- Chico City Council set to discuss important issues
- Chico City Council starts budget talks
- Chico City Council to discuss 'Simplicity Village'
- Chico City Council to discuss budget, housing projects, price gouging, cannabis committee
- Chico City Council hears about budget proposal, sales tax
- City of Chico Budget Future
- Chico City Council to Discuss Collecting Taxes from Airbnb
- Chico City Council to Discuss Humboldt Road Safety
- Chico City Council to Discuss Bidwell Park Changes