Photo Gallery 8 Images
CHICO, Calif. - The Chico City Council passed an emergency ordinance that would allow the temporary closure of Old Humboldt Road.
Humboldt road is well known for its historic rock walls and ruts from covered wagons that made their way west during the California Gold Rush.
But the historic road has also been plagued by illegal dumping, drug activity, and illegal camping.
A group called "Respect the Walls" is working to clean up and preserve the area and wants to keep cars off that stretch of road, eventually creating a heritage park.
The second reading of the new ordinance is set for Feb. 4.
- Chico City Council passes emergency ordinance, Old Humboldt Road
- Chico City Council to Discuss Humboldt Road Safety
- Chico City Council to Talk Emergency Shelters
- Chico City Council approvals
- Petition created to overturn Chico City Council marijuana ordinance
- Chico First Asking City Council to Consider Stricter Ordinances
- Chico City Council Votes to Repeal Scrap Metal Ordinance
- Oroville City Council Introduces Two Cannabis Ordinances
- Chico City Council Discusses Commercial Cannabis, Emergency Shelter