CHICO, Calif. - The council voted to cancel their next city council meeting on March 17th because of coronavirus concerns.
While there are no cases in Butte County the county did declare a local emergency, so the council still wants to take precautions.
Councilmember Ann Schwab created a motion to have only one meeting a month.
That meeting would only discuss essential government operations which are items that are needed to keep the city functioning. If there are none of those topics, then the meeting will be cancelled.
The council also agreed to only have attendance by city staff, they say they need to figure out a way to remotely include members of the body and public and/or limit the amount of people at the meeting.
They are going to revisit this motion of one meeting a month in the next 90 day.
- Chico City Council cancels next meeting because of coronavirus
- Chico City Council Meeting: What was decided
- Man Arrested in Chico City Council Meeting
- Chico City Council approvals
- Oroville City Council Meeting moved
- Chico Leaders React to Tense City Council Meeting
- Community members voice concerns at Chico City Council Meeting
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- OrovilleFire Safe Council Meeting
- Oroville City Council Holds Special Meeting