CHICO, Calif. - The Chico City Council voted on Tuesday to remove Steve Breedlove from his position as Chico Airport Commissioner.
Chico City Manager Mark Orme said that the council made this decision after Breedlove acted out at a council meeting on Sept. 4 that was "unbecoming" of an appointed public official.
That meeting was interrupted three times by loud protesters that eventually led to the council members removing audience members as well.
Breedlove has held the position of Chico Airport Commissioner for two years.
The council voted on the issue at Tuesday's meeting, with five members voting yes and one abstaining.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for more developments on both sides of the story as they become available.
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Chico City Council Votes to Remove An Airport Commissioner
- Chico City Council appoints new fire chief
- Chico City Council approves mobile crisis team
- Chico Council set to Discuss City Budget
- Man Arrested in Chico City Council Meeting
- Chico City Council Addresses Hot Topics
- Chico City Council to discuss 'Simplicity Village'
- Chico City Council Makes Big Decisions
- Hillary Clinton Endorses Chico City Council Candidate