CHICO, Calif. - Chico City Council candidate Scott Huber is traveling to Boulder, Colorado to discuss the effects of cannabis legalization in the community.
Huber will be in Colorado for three days.
On the first day, he plans to meet with the city manager's office, the police department and a cannabis enforcement officer.
On the second day, Huber will speak with the Boulder Chamber of Commerce.
On the last day, he will explore some dispensaries and cultivating facilities.
Action News Now asked Huber what he hopes to take away from this experience.
“I have witnessed myself, seniors, that I know well that have benefited medically as well as pain from use of medical cannabis. I think there's a good argument to be made from a number of fronts for why it should be legalized commercially on a legal basis throughout the area,” Huber said.
Huber said he chose to travel to this city because Boulder is a university town with a slightly larger population than Chico of approximately 108,000 people.
- Chico City Council Candidate Set to Visit Boulder, CO.
- Hillary Clinton Endorses Chico City Council Candidate
- Chico Council set to Discuss City Budget
- Chico City Council approvals
- Candidates file intent to seek election to Chico City Council
- Chico City Council candidate experiences homelessness first-hand
- Leading Chico City Council Candidates Talk Sit-Lie
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Chico City Council set to discuss important issues
- First candidate declares run for Chico council seat