The founder of the Chico Children's Museum says it will open on January 15th, 2019. Dana Leslie made the announcement this week during an interview with Linda Watkins-Bennett on Action News Now at Noon.
The Museum, located at 325 Main Street in Downtown Chico, has been in the development stage for the past 3 years. Leslie says it is designed to provide hands on learning through play for children, as well as social development. there is no age limit, so Leslie says it's really a "Family Museum".
A benefit is planned for Saturday, November 17th called "With a Little Help from our Friends". it takes place starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Butte Creek Country Club.
The Gala event will feature a gourmet dinner, dancing, a raffle and live auction ... set to the tone of 1960's rock n' roll with music provided by "Decades". Max Minardi will also provide music. Classic 60's attire is encouraged.
Tickets are $135 per person, $250 per couple, and reserved tables for 8 go for $1,200, plus $300 worth of raffle tickets. There will also be a no host bar.
tickets are available at www.chicochildrensmuseum.org.
- Chico Children's Museum to Open in January
- Chico Children's Museum grand opening held
- Chico Children's Museum one Step Closer to Opening
- Moon exhibit at Chico museum
- Chico Author Pens Children's Book
- Chico police catch burglary suspect from January
- Gold Nugget Museum opens new exhibit
- Trampoline Park opens in Chico
- Chico State opens new exhibit
- Chico Airport and Air Museum host fly-in