UPDATE: The suspect has been identified as 28-year old Chase Forcier.
Authorities say Butte County Sheriff's Deputies spotted Forcier driving wreckless driving on East Lassen Avenue and learned the car was stolen.
They gave chase until police determined it was too dangerous to continue.
Forcier then crashed into a Honda Accord at the intersection of Mangrove and East 5th Avenues.
He then ran away on foot, but was captured by a citizen who heard officers yelling at Forcier to stop and held him until officers arrived.
Sgt. Ben Love says, "The driver then fled on foot from the scene. He was threatening other citizens with pepperspray. Ran from the scene and then was captured about a block and a half away."
Forcier had three outstanding felony warrants and was on post release custody supervision for prior convictions of vehicle theft.
He's now behind bars facing several new felony charges including hit and run and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Chico Calif.—A high speed chase in Chico Monday afternoon ended in a crash.
Butte County Sheriff’s Deputies spotted a driver of a black Honda Accord driving recklessly Monday afternoon around 2:30 p.m.
Deputies attempted to pullover the car near East Lassen Avenue, but he fled.
Deputies determined in the pursuit that the car was stolen.
When officers thought the chase became too dangerous they ended the pursuit.
The suspect driving the black Honda Accord then crashed into a gray Honda Accord at Mangrove and Fifth Avenue.
When the suspect crashed he got out of the car and fled on foot.
He was arrested by Chico Police a block away.
He was arrested on several charges including evading police officers, felony hit and run, and possession of a stolen vehicle.
The victim struck in the gray Honda Accord is listed in stable condition.
- Chico Car Chase Leads to Foot Pursuit
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- Chico police talk man off roof after foot chase
- Suspected car burglar leads officers in highway pursuit
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Foot pursuit ends in arrest in Eel River Valley
- Grocery Outlet Robbery Suspect Initiates Foot Pursuit, Fights with Employee
- Police pursuit in Chico ended in arrest
- Chico Police chase and arrest suspected car thief
- Chico armed robbery ends in car chase and crash