On Saturday, thousands of colorful eggs will be waiting for children to come find and fill their Easter baskets.
For more than 50 years, the Chico Area Recreation & Park District has been putting on the spring jamboree, a fun way to welcome the spring season right before Easter.
Hundreds of families come out to Caper Acres in Bidwell Park every year to do the egg hunt, make crafts, and play games.
CARD is all prepared for Saturday, with about 5,000 eggs and 900 goodie bags.
“We have a huge supply of eggs, but what we end up doing each year is we have to revisit them. The ones that have kind of fallen in half or have been disassembled, we have to reassemble all of them. Then we prepare goodie bags every year, so that's hundreds and hundreds of goodie bags; we essentially just set up assembly lines and just try to crank them out,” said CARD Marketing Coordinator Ryan Arnold.
The event is free.
The first egg-hunt starts at 10:00 am Saturday morning, but there is much more to do besides just the egg hunt.
- Chico CARD Center hosts annual Spring Jamboree
- CARD hosting Chico Kite Day and Spring Jamboree
- Chico Mall Hosts Annual Back to School Supply Drive
- Downtown Chico Business Association to Host Annual Member's Meeting
- Chico Art Center to Host Camp Fire Show
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Enloe Hosts Annual Community Wellness Expo
- CARD Hosting Mother’s Day Tea in the Rose Garden
- CARD to Host Mother's Day Tea in Rose Garden