Chico, Calif. - Janice Condon, a 77 year old Occupational Therapist from Chico, has penned a fun yet informational book for children called "Lulu Meets the King of Poo".
It's about a girl named LuLu who is anxious about her science report and gets a tummy ache. She falls asleep and has an amazing dream ... she swallows herself! That's when "Emily Enzyme" takes her on an "incredible digestivle" tour.
This imaginative book introduces youngsters to existence of "gut flora" and its importance in human health through the microbial world inside us. It is illustrated by the talented Steve Ferchaud of Paradise.
Condon has read her book to local school children, and teachers are incorporating it into their science curriculum. She is now working on a second book called "LuLu How Do You".
- Chico Author Pens Children's Book
- Agency Built Pen for Possible Horse Slaughter
- Blind lamb inspires children's book, teaches compassion
- Hotels booked for Chico State graduation weekend
- Teachers give free books to young Chico kids
- Chico Children's Museum to Open in January
- Chico Children's Museum grand opening held
- Redding book lovers gather for bimonthly book sale
- Authorities identify body found at Motel 6 in Chico
- Authorities investigating fire that destroyed shed at Chico home