PARADISE, Calif. - Paintings and murals are popping up all over what's left of Paradise.
The artwork is inspired by the Camp Fire, and the resilience of its survivors.
An artist from Chico, Shane Grammer, is bringing out beauty among the ashes.
Shane Grammer lives in Los Angeles but was born and raised in Chico. Grammer said he's always had a heart for areas where people have experienced devastation.
"I like to kind of paint a picture, that these are things I've been doing since high school, painting murals on orphanages in Mexico," Grammer said.
Grammer said the common theme of a woman's face was inspired by his Christian faith, specifically a book in the Bible called 'Song of Solomon.'
"I'm always looking for moody images, I've always wanted to create artwork that touches people in a way," Grammer said. "But what happened was Shane put the pictures on Facebook and it kind of blew up. The response was hope and beauty from the ashes, an encouragement."
Gary Dickinson lost everything in the Camp Fire.
He said driving along Clark Road and seeing the mural gives him hope for the community.
"Well it is very meaningful we are all looking forward to the day when things look more normal in terms of the beauty of the surroundings and seeing people rebuild," Dickinson said.
Action News Now asked Grammer what it means to him that his artwork has brought such emotion to the people of Paradise.
"I'm processing that my art actually touched people and brought joy and encouragement to them and believe there is going to life and hope again," Grammer said.
- Local Chico Artist Brings Beauty to Paradise Ashes
- Chico Artist Brings Out Beauty Among the Ashes
- Ash Wednesday services in Chico
- 'Beauty from Ashes' art show features murals in Paradise
- Paradise artist brings new sculpture to town
- Chico Velo Wildflower Century race highlights beautiful Butte County
- ‘MONCA’ Honors Chico Female Artists from Back in the Day
- Fireplace ashes spark vegetation fire in Oroville
- Hawaii Volcano Erupts from Summit, Shooting Ash
- Volcano Spews Ash on Mexico City