The Chico Animal Shelter is taking a precautionary measure after a highly contagious canine virus has begun to spread in California.
Starting Thursday, the shelter will give dog flu vaccinations to all incoming dogs entering the shelter.
Canine influenza or dog flu symptoms include fever, loss of appetite, dry or wet cough and a runny nose.
Mortality is low, but it is important to take your pet to the veterinarian if you see symptoms especially in younger or older dogs.
- Chico Animal Shelter take precautionary measure for dog flu
- Chico Animal Shelter
- Chico Animal Shelter closed for staff training
- Chico Declares Shelter Crisis
- City of Chico may outsource animal shelter & control
- Chico Animal Shelter recipient of PetSmart Charities grant
- First ever 'Puppy Bowl' held at Chico Animal Shelter
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- Rolling Hills Casino Opens Animal Evac Shelter
- Confirmed Case of Dog Flu