SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - On Wednesday afternoon Nicholas Michael Baragno of Chester, 29, was arraigned at the Shasta County Superior Court, according to the Shasta County District Attorney’s Office.
He faces charges in connection with a Monday incident, in which a vehicle was stolen from a Redding grocery store parking lot with two dogs inside, the Shasta County District Attorney’s Office said.
Law enforcement then pursued the vehicle, until the vehicle was involved in a solo vehicle collision. The driver was then taken into custody by CHP and the Redding Police Department, according to RPD.
Baragno is charged with multiple felonies and misdemeanors including:
- Felony grand theft of a vehicle with a prior conviction
- Felony possession of a stolen vehicle with a prior conviction
- Felony flight with reckless disregard for safety
- Felony felon in possession of a firearm
- Felony felon in possession of ammunition
- Felony carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle while a felon
- Misdemeanor resisting arrest
- And two counts of misdemeanor petty theft of a dog
Baragno’s bail has been set at $200,000, according to the Shasta County District Attorney’s Office.
His next court appearances are scheduled for Aug. 5th at 8:30 a.m., and Aug. 10 in Department 2 at 10:30 a.m. for a Preliminary Hearing.