GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Charges have been dropped against a Michigan man accused of urinating on a 5-year-old girl and using racial slurs.
David Allen Dean, 60, allegedly approached the girl last week while she was playing hide and seek by a fence in her neighborhood.
Dean is a registered sex offender and has a long history of sexual misconduct, including serving time in prison for sexually assaulting a minor.
However, days after the alleged incident, the parents of the child discovered that the accusations were a lie.
Investigators say the story was made up to cover one of the children who urinated on another child.
The girl's father says that he will apologize to Dean face-to-face.
- Charges Dropped in Michigan Urination Case
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case
- Michigan man creates snow sculptures
- Michigan Wedding Proposal Goes Viral
- Jussie Smollett's attorneys say all criminal charges dropped
- Twin Brothers in Michigan Welcome Double Delivery
- 5 teens are charged with second degree murder after throwing rocks in Michigan
- Markets Right Now: Dow drops 1,175, biggest-ever point drop
- A pregnant mother was cited by police after her 3-year-old urinated in a parking lot on his way to the bathroom
- Undocumented Immigrant Faces Murder Charge in Mollie Tibbitts' Case