Chico, Calif.-- A trough of low pressure is moving over the North State this morning, in it's wake, a new system carrying more clouds and moisture.
We're seeing both systems rotate, the first headed toward the Northeast this morning, the one below it will move into Southern California mid-week.
This is where we could see some light rain, with the heaviest areas along the coast late Tue into Wed before the low moves
inland toward southern California.
We'll see the two low pressure systems merge off the Central California coast early Tuesday.
We're seeing a lot of cold air moving inland this week, the second low moving inland Wednesday before it weakens to a trough and drops South of our area, Thursday morning.
As far as rain goes, expect it to be light to moderate, with about a 40% chance on Tuesday - that's also going to be the coolest day of the week, 70s in the valley, 40s in the mountains, warming about 2-5 degrees Wednesday.
Thursday, another short-wave trough drops over the northern and eastern foothills and mountains.
High pressure builds inland behind it on Friday as high pressure again dominates; expect a breezy Northeasterly wind to continue into Sunday.
This could result in increased fire weather concern depending on amount of rain we get early this week.
- Chance of Rain this Week, Breezy Weekend Ahead
- Breezy Afternoon, Rain Ahead This Weekend
- Some Rain Sunday and Breezy Week Ahead
- Breezy & warm through the week, mostly dry weekend ahead
- Warming this Weekend & Staying Breezy
- Breezy through Wednesday, with a warm weekend ahead!
- Cooler Tomorrow With Chance of Rain Ahead
- Breezy & warmer conditions ahead for your Wednesday
- Breezy & warmer conditions ahead for your Tuesday
- Breezy & warmer weather ahead for Northern California