GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - A CHP officer got quite a scare Monday morning in Glenn County after a 93-year-old man rear-ended one of their patrol cars.
This happened just before 7 a.m. on County Road 200 and County Road P south of Orland.
The CHP said officers were investigating a minor injury crash at that same spot when the driver of a Chevrolet equinox going north on County Road P rear-ended a patrol car.
That patrol car then hit another patrol car.
"There were minor injuries to the person that was driving the Chevrolet equinox. traffic was closed in the northbound lane that's why the vehicles were in the northbound lane," said Randy Forslund, a CHP officer.
No officers were injured and they do not believe drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash.
- Chain reaction crash involving CHP patrol cars and 93-year-old man
- CHP Responds to Chain-Reaction Crash on I-5
- Kids paint CHP patrol cars in Oroville
- Wrong way driver crashes into CHP patrol car early Friday morning
- DUI Suspect arrested for causing chain-reaction crash by Pleasant Valley High School
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- CHP searching for driver of crashed car in Shasta Co.
- CHP fishes stolen car from Feather River
- CHP identifies 4 involved in 3 car collision on Old Highway 99 in Gerber
- CHP warns drivers after crash in Paradise