Chico, Calif.--Dozens of people made their way to city plaza Tuesday night as part of the twelfth annual Hanukkah celebration.
The event was organized by the Chabad Jewish center and featured music, dancing, and singing to mark the first day of Hanukkah
Holiday treats were also provided such as doughnuts, hot cider, and latkehs, which is a traditional Hanukkah food.
The first candle on the Menorah was lit, and everyone in the crowd were given a candle of their own to light.
Organizers told Action News Now that the lighting of the Menorah is to show that the only way you can conquer darkness is with light.
Hannah Zwiebel, of the Chabad Jewish center, shared with us her favorite part about tonight's event.
"Just everyone coming out, everyone coming together to celebrate the holiday, whether it's your holiday or someone else's, but you know we're all together and it's so special," Zwiebel said.
Hanukkah will wrap up on December 20th, which is when all eight candles on the Menorah will be lit.
- Chabad Jewish Center hold 12th annual Hanukkah celebration
- ICYMI: Camp Fire Cars Being Replaced For Free at Chabad Jewish Center
- Saturday January 12th Weathercast
- 12th Annual Trivia Bee for Literacy on Oct. 26
- Jewish Center Hopes to Give Cars to Evacuees
- North State Women's Health Network holds 5th annual celebration Saturday
- A Chico family prepares for the first night of Hanukkah
- CHP Holds Annual Holiday Toy Drive
- Redding Police Department holds annual awards ceremony
- Chico CARD Center hosts annual Spring Jamboree