CITY OF SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - Shasta County Sheriff's Department arrested the Central Valley High School wrestling coach, Stephen Reed, age 27, for eight counts of statutory rape.
Among those charges are four counts of child molestation, six counts of sexual assault with a foreign object on a minor, six counts of oral copulation with a minor, one count of possession of child porn, two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one count of sending lewd material to a minor.
The Shasta County Major Crimes unit was tipped off about these accusations on Feb. 24.
On Feb. 27, detectives interviewed Reed, at which point officials say he confessed to all of the known allegations.
He was then arrested and transported to the Shasta County Jail.
Reed has since been suspended by the high school, according to Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office encourages anyone who may have information to contact the Major Crimes Unit at (530) 245-6135.
They can also report any issues through the Central Valley High School or Gateway Unified School District at (530) 245-7900.
- Head Central Valley wrestling coach arrested for statutory rape
- Former wrestling coach arrested and charged with multiple counts of rape and sexual assault
- Chico rape suspect arrested in Los Angeles
- Coach Arrested for Human Trafficking of Minor
- Twins, California coaches arrested for child pornography
- Man arrested in rape, robbery of teacher in her classroom
- Man Arrested on Rape Charges in Tehama County
- CHP officer arrested on suspicion of raping 12-year-old girl
- Rape Crisis Center Calls Spike
- Remembering Coach Altobelli