REEDLEY, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a Central California woman drowned her two children in the bathtub and then hanged herself.
Fresno County coroner's officials have released the causes of death for Vera Lucia Diaz Nunez and her children.
Authorities found the 32-year-old Reedley woman dead Monday night in an apartment along with her 21-month-old daughter and 4-year-old son. Investigators say the children's father discovered the bodies when he returned from work.
The children were in the tub and their mother was in a bedroom.
Authorities say the mother had been suffering from depression.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Central California mother drowned children, hanged herself
- Measles case reported in central California
- Dog found shot and hanging from tree
- Sewage spill shuts beaches along California's Central Coast
- Quincy Woman Drowns in Indian Falls
- Stolen bagel may have led to California children's murders
- Single vehicle rollover causes Olivehurst man to drown
- TCSO Finds Body of Drowning Victim near Red Bluff
- Salmon from Central California make their way to the Bay Area
- Mother's Day Surprise Done Right