Evacuees and fire fighters had a special visitor Sunday at the Shasta College evacuation center.
Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri joined the volunteers in their efforts to bring a little joy to those living in the college gymnasium for the foreseeable future.
Along with the food-based non-profit Operation BBQ Relief and working out of a makeshift kitchen, they reportedly fed 1,400 evacuees and first responders.
The Food Network star spoke about his experience and his love for Northern California.
- Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri brings joy, cuisine to evacuees and first responders fighting Carr Fire
- Chico Chef competes on Guy Fieri's Grocery Games
- Guy Fieri Spotted in Downtown Chico
- Car stolen from Carr Fire evacuee returned to owner
- Chico Fire Captain Recounts Efforts Fighting Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Carr Fire Thief Sentenced
- Search for evacuees in the Carr Fire with Red Cross website