March Fourteenth or 3/14 is Pi Day, that's P-I not P-I-E.
One Chico business has been combining the two, to make for a more delicious way to celebrate.
General Manager Jeffrey Plummer says, "We go crazy with baking pies. So far today we've sold roughly 20-25 pies."
Upper Crust Bakery in downtown Chico says Pi Day is one of their busiest days of the year.
The staff begins baking dozens of apple, berry and cherry pies, with a little extra Pi on top.
Plummer says, "We do our little PI symbol acros the top. We put numbers all the way across. We do 3-1-4 and just continue it all the way across the PIE and people really like those. We also just do the PI symbol or multiple PI symbols and people just pick them up. We plan on it every year. We put it on our social media. People start ordering two weeks ahead just for today."
Plummer says they've even taken custom orders almost a month in advance and he says there definitely seems to be a certain type of client that is crazy about Pi.
Plummer says, "A lot of math teachers and teachers from the college come by in the morning and pick them up. They like them with the Pi symbol on it and bring it to their class."
- Celebrating Pi Day with some PIE
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- Pi Kappa Alpha community service amid initiation scandal
- Paradise Celebrates Gold Nugget Days
- Pie is the star of Nord Country School Annual Benefit
- Pie Auction to benefit Nord Country School Saturday
- Celebrating Snow!
- Redding community celebrates Martin Luther King Day
- Chico students celebrate National Pink Shirt Day
- International Women's Day celebration at Chico State