REDDING, Calif. – Early Sunday morning a back porch fire spread into a home on the 1900 block of Kenyon Drive, destroying more than half of a single-story two-bedroom home, according to the Redding Fire Department.
The Redding Fire Department responded shortly after 6:30 a.m.
Only one person was living in the home and that person was able to escape the fire.
Firefighters said they made an “aggressive” fire attack and were able to contain the fire to the back of the home within approximately 20 minutes.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an overloaded electrical circuit. The Redding Fire Department issued a safety message suggesting that electrical cords should be plugged directly into outlets instead of power strips for safety.