This security video shows an elderly woman getting robbed after she graciously held the door for her attacker.
The suspect ran off with the victim's purse.
It happened on the 400 block of South Berendo St. in Koreatown.
This is security video - even veteran police officers find upsetting.
An elderly woman walks into her apartment lobby - kindly holds the door for a second lady.
And as you can see - she is violently mugged on camera.
On the 400 block of South Berendo St. in Los Angele’s Korea town - the reaction has been universal.
Fernando Ruiz lives across the street from the robbery.
“I live around the neighborhood. I wouldn't like this to happen to my grandma,” Ruiz said.
Detectives say the victim is 78 years old.
She had been walking home when she was tailed into her complex.
“It hit me pretty hard. I was picturing my mom getting injured. I wanted the media. I wanted the citizens of Los Angeles to view this video and to make sure we apprehend this suspect,” said Daniel Chi, a detective for the LAPD.
• 20 years old
• 5 feet 5 inches
• 125 pounds
• Red hair
• She had been wearing pink sneakers
Police say they're grateful to the building's manager who called 911 and offered up these heartbreaking images.
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- Car theft caught on camera in Chico
- 70 car pileup caught on camera
- Dog rescued in Scotland caught on camera
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera
- Caught on Camera: Bar Owner Tases Customers
- Caught on Camera: Selfie Taker Nearly Strangled
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Child Handcuffed by Authorities
- Man Caught on Camera Licking Family's Doorbell
- Thieves caught on camera stealing Halloween decorations