(NBC News) Police in New York is looking for the man who tried to blow up a Staten Island gas station earlier this week.
The NYPD has released video of the Monday morning incident.
It shows the man purposely spraying gas around the pump as he fills a red gas can. He then lights a piece of paper on fire and places the flaming paper on the spilled gasoline.
The fuel quickly ignites with flames engulfing the man in less than a second.
The gas station's fire suppression system activated and extinguished the flames as the arsonist fled the scene.
A 21-year-old man who was pumping gas nearby was hospitalized with internal injuries.
Read more here.
- Caught On Cam: Arsonist Goes Up In Flames
- Caught On Cam: Grand Theft Tortoise!
- Caught On Cam: Semi Vs. School Bus
- Caught On Cam: Ohio Officer Dragged
- Caught On Cam: Gunman Targets Police
- Caught On Cam: Teacher Choke-Slams Student
- Cottonwood Arsonist Meeting Leaves Some With Questions
- Suspected arsonist arrested in Butte County
- CAL FIRE arrests suspected arsonist in Magalia
- Caught on Cam: Bus plows into row of parked cars