The League of Women Voters of Butte County is hosting an informational forum on being prepared for a catastrophic emergency or evacuation in Chico ,similar to the 2017 Santa Rosa Fire Evacuation and the Oroville Evacuation.
It's happening Tuesday, January 30th at 7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall of the First Baptist Church, 850 Palmetto. A potluck dinner will be available at 6:30 p.m..
Each of the panelists will discuss their agency or department role during an emergency or disaster. The four panelists include:
• Lt. James Bell, Butte County Sheriff's office
• Capt. Aaron Lowe, Chico Fire Department
• Cindi Dunsmoor, Butte County Emergency Service Manager
• Bob Kiuttu, Enloe Hospital's Emergency Preparedness Manager
Topics will include:
• What citizens can do to prepare for evacuation or a disaster
• How the public will be made aware of the scope of the emergency
• How citizens may help with an evacuation
• What to take to take to a shelter
• What is needed to shelter in place
• What to do if separated from family members
• Physical items to have prepared in case of evacuations (important documents, personal items, medications, etc.)
For more information visit www.lwvbuttecounty.org.