Casa Ramos restaurants have released a statement following the closure of 14 of its restaurants from Sacramento to Yreka.
According to the statement, it has been accused by a disgruntled former employee who reported the establishment of not reporting sales tax correctly. The charge is being investigated.
Despite the reports, all 14 establishments will reopen during regular business hours on Sept. 20.
Read the full statement below:
We are pleased to announce that all our Casa Ramos restaurants will be open as usual today. We regret any inconvenience to our valued customers for the unexpected closing of the restaurants yesterday.
No one likes to air their personal business, but due to rumors and misinformation that can directly impact the business of Casa Ramos, we have been forced to come forward and address false accusations and fabrications. Casa Ramos has been accused, by a disgruntled former employee, of not reporting sales tax correctly. That charge is being investigated and will not affect our daily operations.
Marco Ramos, the founder our family business, died on June 23, 2015. Following his death, the business was operated by the company’s Chief Executive Officer. Her employment was terminated in 2016 due to the discovery of the numerous unethical business practices. We believe she instigated the current investigation. We have commenced civil proceedings against the former employee and look forward to the trial of those claims.
Thank you to all our hardworking families and friends that are a dedicated part of our team. And thank you to all of our loyal customers - we really appreciate each of you.
- Casa Ramos Restaurants Reopen, Release Statement About Closures
- Casa Ramos Restaurants Closed from Sacramento to Yreka
- Delta Fire Traffic Conditions: I-5 Reopens After Emergency Closure
- All Roads Reopen in Butte County After Winter Weather Closures
- Chico State Student Releases Statement Regarding Photo Scandal
- Chuck Reynolds Releases Statement Following Discovery of Arrest Record
- PG&E Releases Statement About Incident in Area of Camp Fire
- Camp Fire: School Closures
- Glenn County Road Closures
- East 10th Street Reopens