Photo Gallery 4 Images
REDDING, Calif. - At about 12:30 Friday afternoon, Redding firefighters were called to the 2900 block of Hawn Avenue in Redding for a house fire.
Investigator Mike Ham with the Redding Fire Department says the fire started in the carport next to the home and spread to the house.
It destroyed at least 25-50% of the home as well as some damage to a home next door.
Ham says a woman was home when it happened but she escaped uninjured.
No one was home at the house next door.
Ham says the fire ignited an open gas line, so PG&E crews had to dig into the ground and manually cut the line that was feeding the fire.
At about 2 p.m. fire crews began their investigation into what happened.
- Carport fire spreads to home
- Car fire spreads to vegetation
- Shed Fire Spreads to Vegetation in Magalia
- Palermo Mobile Home Fire
- Global fears spread over coronavirus
- Fully engulfed apartment fire in Redding spreads to attic
- Evacuations ordered as winds spread Southern California fire
- Cal Fire discusses home fire safety
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- Paradise Mobile Home Fire Contained