CHICO, Calif. - California Highway Patrol is at the scene of a car that crashed into a power pole on Manzanita Avenue in Chico.
The incident happened around 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday.
Authorities said the driver's car had a mechanical failure. The steering wheel locked up, causing the driver's car to veer off the road and into a power pole.
PG&E is currently assessing the scene but no outages have been reported. Stay updated with the PG&E outage map by CLICKING HERE.
California Highway Patrol said the driver was not injured in the crash.
Manzanita Avenue is currently closed off to clean up the crash.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
- Car veers off road, knocks down power pole on Manzanita Avenue
- Berry Creek power pole concerns
- Dozens without power after car crash into pole
- Chico - Car Crashes Into Power Pole and Fire Hydrant
- Thousands Without Power After Bear Climbs Power Pole
- Contaminated water found at Manzanita Elementary School in Gridley
- Manzanita Elementary School Receives Water Donation from Local Business
- Deadly crash knocks out power to over 100 PG&E customers near Pentz Road
- PG&E lineman dies after falling from power pole
- Squirrel knocks out power in Town of Paradise